Choosing a scoreboard
Choosing the right scoreboard is very important, because it determines what options will be available during the matches. The choice of scoreboard affects the options that allow you to award points, submissions, and also the way the fight ends.
Athletes in the appropriate form will later have this information presented on the brackets page.
To choose a scoreboard for our competition, we need to go through the following steps:
- Open the competition organizer panel.
- Go to the Competitors tab.
- Click on List of categories.
- On the new page, click Manage categories.
- Go to the element in the category tree that we want to change, usually it is the root. Click on the French key icon.
- A new window will appear, on which we choose the scoreboard.
Scoring board for BJJ is also available in other color versions:
Submission Fighting / Combat Ju-Jutsu
This scoreboard allows you to organize competitions in the Submission Fighting (ADCC rules) or Combat Ju-Jutsu formula. In the application, select the appropriate option:
- Submission Fighting 2.0 - essential scoreboard with points and submissions to choose from.
- Combat Ju-Jutsu - additionally allows you to end the match: KO (Knockout), golden ippon point, simulation with punches.
Submission Only / MMA
Tablica ta umożliwia przeprowadzenie zawodów w formule Submission Only lub MMA. W panelu należy wybrać odpowiednią opcję:
This scoreboard allows you to organize competitions in the Submission Only or MMA formula. In the application, select the appropriate option:
- Submission Only - essential scoreboard, only submissions to choose from.
- MMA - additionally allows you to end the match: KO (Knockout), TKO (Technical Knockout) or referee's decision (unanimous / split).
- Submission Only + penalty points - in addition, you can award penalty points for example for staling the matches by athletes.
For wrestling, we have a similar layout as on the scoreboards for Submission Only and MMA. There are additional things on it:
- technical points,
- buttons for adding / subtracting several technical points at once.
When we choose the way the match ends, we also have different options available, which are divided into 3 point groups:
- 5:0 - pinning to the back, injury etc.
- 4:x - 4:0 or 4:1 - winning by advantage
- 3:x - 3:0 or 3:1 - winning by points
Athlete classification in the "Round robin" system
If our competition is played in the "round robin" system, then for example in a 3-person category, there may be a situation where each athlete will have one win and one loss.
In such a case, the system will automatically choose the winner based on the results of the matches. For each match, a "ranking" is calculated, then the system compares the rankings of all matches in the category.
The system works as follows:
- Winning gives a higher score than losing.
- In case of two wins, a higher score gives the match that ends before time than winning by points. Ending the match before the time runs out depends on the choice of the scoreboard, e.g. in MMA we have KO, TKO, and in Submission Only we have various submissions.
- In the case of two matches ending before time, a higher score gives the match that ends in a shorter time. For example, ending the match in the regulation time is better than ending the match in overtime.
- In the case of two matches ending on points, a higher ranking of the match gives a higher score.
- If the matches ended before time in the same round, the fight that ended earlier is more promoted. For example, a fight that ended after a minute is more promoted than a fight that ended after 2 minutes.